B822161606Z.1_20151020210042_000_GOH1IL5GP.2_Gallery (1)On Tuesday morning, an officer found herself forced to file an accident report after her patrol car was struck by a bakery truck. The officer had been in route to handle a reported assault that was in progress near South and Third streets. As the officer reached the intersection of South and 11th streets the accident occurred.

Police Chief Inspector, Scott Small, was willing to make a statement about the incident. “This just appears to be an intersection accident. The police officer, who is assigned to the Third District, was en route to a foot pursuit just about seven blocks away. She did have her lights and sirens activated when she went through the intersection.”

According to reports, the officer was injured and complained about pain on the left side of her body and exhibited visible bleeding from her mouth. Before she was as transported to the neared hospital, she indicated that she was perfectly capable of both speaking and walking.

At the time this article was written, it was unclear whether it was the California police officer or the driver of the bakery truck who was at fault for the accident. “Our real-time crime cameras are located at the intersection, and we’re told they did record the accident,” Scott Small explained to the press.

“I’m very glad that no one appears to have been seriously hurt during the accident,” California personal injury attorney, Drew Warren stated.  “My firm handles many personal injury cases similar to this one. It’s always frightening to see how badly a person can be hurt when someone take their eyes of the road, even for a split second.”

At the moment, there’s no indication about whether or not the police department is interested in pursuing a civil case against the driver of the bakery truck and possibly the bakery as well. It’s likely that the department wants to review the footage of the accident before they decide how they want to proceed.


You don’t have to be an injured police officer to pursue a California personal injury case when you’re hurt in a vehicular accident. When you contact a personal injury law firm, you’ll work closely with an experienced attorney who will review all the details of your case and then advise you as to the best way to proceed. No lawyer is going to suggest filing a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver if they’re not confident that they can’t win the case for you.

If you decide to file a personal injury claim, your attorney will launch an investigation into the accident and use the information they gather to determine the size of the settlement they believe your entitled to. The settlement should be enough to help you pay your medical bills and repair/replace your vehicle any loss wages. It’s also possible that the attorney will be able to get a little extra added to the settlement to compensate you for your pain and suffering.

The sooner you contact a personal injury attorney; the sooner they can start working on your behalf.

Leave a comment